Sunday, July 13, 2008 | By: Sara

We Rocked the Payson Highland Games

For those of you who don't know how nerdy I am yet, I play in a Scottish Bagpipe Band. No...I don't play the bagpipes. I play the tenor drum (much more fun and exciting). I have been playing since the summer of 2001 and enjoy every minute of it.
The band is called Wasatch and District Pipe Band since we have players that come to participate from all over the Wasatch Front. We have players from north of Ogden down to Payson.
I am the lead of 8 other talented tenor drummers. I love my position and enjoy seeing everyone continue to improve. Below are pictures of the 2 tenors that competed solo at the Payson games. They took 1st and 3rd place out of 5. I am proud of all the tenors for their hard work and improvement.
Overall, we took 1st place in the band competition! Wahoo! It was a ton of fun. I look forward to the Payson games every year because they are fairly small and it is just a fun relaxing competition. We also have traditions... like going to the "One Man Band" restaurant for brunch and getting snow cones for the ride home after the games (That of course is the best part!)

0 comments: