Thursday, July 10, 2008 | By: Sara

A Tribute To My Grandfather

My grandfather passed away in June 2007 having lived a long and fruitful life. Words cannot explain how many people loved him or how many people he loved throughout his life. My grandpa had a wonderful sense of humor, even up to the last day. The day before he passed happened to be his birthday and I was sitting holding his hand. His hospital bed faced a large window that overlooked the valley. When night fell, he pointed to the window and said, "Who's that funny looking fart?". At first I thought he was loosing it. But then, realizing that he was looking at his own reflection, I couldn't help but burst out laughing. That's my grandpa for ya. He had his wits about him to the very end. Here are some memories of his life here on earth. This is how I have and always will remember him. I know he is watching out for us every minute of the day. I love you grandpa. This one is for you.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just Beautiful ~ Sara, Grandpa is so proud of you and loves you so very much... I do too!! Thanks!

Love Always ~ Mamman