Thursday, July 24, 2008 | By: Sara

Sweeeet!!!

Sheesh. Sorry it took so long to post something new!
So..... some of my friends at worked asked what I wanted to do for my birthday and naturally I said I wanted to go to a candy factory.... so off we went. It was great. Their normal clientelle is approximately 5 years old so it is a great place to take kids and it's free!! (I wouldn't try to leave without buying them something from the candy store though!) Here are some fun pictures.


In front of Sweet's Candy Factory
My pile of taffy

Courtney, Laura, Diane, Me, Brandi
Did you know it takes a whole week to make a single jelly bean!? We got to taste unfinished/polished jelly beans right off the line and they are actually better than the finished ones! We also got to taste fresh chocolate covered cinnamon bears, and egg nog & caramel taffy straight off the line! It was still warm!
They have pipes that are filled with corn syrup, sugar, chocolate, etc that gets pumped to the different rooms of the factory. They are the only candy factory that stirs their chocolate by waterfall...and you can take that to the bank! :)

2 comments:

*Brandi said...

That was an awesome day! Who knew that it would be so amazing to tour a candy factory? It was really fun to see how they actually make the stuff. Yum yum. And we're some of the few people who have tasted unfinished jelly beans and appreciate the fact that it takes a whole week to make one!

Sara said...

Heck yes! Maybe I should add some detail!