Sunday, April 15, 2012 | By: Unknown

Operation Domination

So I am on Day 4 of my radical lifestyle change to become who I want to be. I have actually been slowly working up to this point and feel that I am now ready to take the next step up on the ladder of fitness and health.

"What's the next step?" you say?

Exercising everyday. That's it. Not complicated.

My plan is to change it up a bunch so my muscles stay confused and I don't get bored. It's a win win situation. My plan is to do some form of strength training daily and to run 3 times a week but I may not absolutely stick to that. If it is nasty and rainy outside, I'm not going to go outside. I will just do strength training and calisthenics inside. Doable is key.

I have already noticed a change in my muscle tone, energy and overall health just after 4 days. 
These have not just been a 15 minute walk every day mind you.
I've had 90 minute calisthenic sessions, 30 minute runs, 30 minute stretching sessions, etc.

My plan is not to exercise everyday for the rest of my life but until I reach my goal and then I may or may not back it off to a few days a week. We'll see when the times comes. I may be addicted by then.

My motivation:
I am a very visual person so I get inspiration from seeing people who are fit and healthy. Surrounding yourself with positive visuals of who you want to be is very powerful motivation. I love Pinterest for this. It is great. You should check it out if you haven't already.
I am also a very "hands-on" person so I watch exercise and strength training videos from youtube or the DVDs I have while I exercise. Keeps me company. :)

I am eating mostly fresh healthy whole foods (with a few treats snuck in). 
I don't go overboard.
I have done a lot of research on the habits of  highly fit people.
I found that these individuals had very healthy food habits but also did not avoid the foods they love.
I completely agree because then it becomes a "doable" lifestyle.
My ideal food regimen is below:

Breakfast
Goal: Include lean protein
ie: Yogurt, oatmeal, eggs, cottage cheese, fruit

Lunch
Goal: Salad or Low-Carb Sandwich
ie: Salad with a lean protein

Dinner
Goal: Lots of Vegetables
ie: Vegetables with a lean protein

Having ideal meals thought out helps lead to healthy meals. Now if I want something other than this because I know I will....then I will have it, maybe trying to make it as healthy as possible....like my chicken parmesan that I posted. Mmmm....
 Again, I like food way too much to not enjoy it. So I am going to but in moderation.

Last thing is LOTS OF WATER.

Would it be useful to anyone if I posted some of the workouts I do?

1 comments:

Rand said...

Please do. We all need positive visual aids as our family fitness program gains traction. You have a great influence for good, so keep it up:-)