Sunday, May 13, 2012 | By: Unknown

Secret to the Softest Hair Ever!

Ok, so it's not really a secret.
But it does work!
Are you wondering how to get super soft sleek hair?
Here is a super fast and simple tip that you will see immediate results with.
 
 
 
Well, maybe not these exactly.
More like this:
 
 
 
Coconut Oil. Yep.
This is the one I use. It was like $6 at the grocery store (by all the other oils/baking stuff) and it will last you forever, Go "invest" in some. You will be glad you did.
{Oh and see how it says "Good for Cooking".... please don't cook with it. It's edible but so is pure lard. This is a bad oil. Don't be fooled.}
You don't have to use this brand specifically. Just make sure you are buying 100% pure coconut oil.
There are other oils you can use too. I have also used olive oil... once. I made a mess putting it on since it's liquid, wrapped my head in plastic wrap and was afraid of inhaling it overnight, wrapped the plastic wrap in a towel so it wouldn't leak all over, felt like a big bobble-headed alien, left it on overnight, crinkled every time I moved, left a big old oil spot on my pillow from leakage, smelled like olives in the morning and rinsed it out with shampoo twice then went out and bought a new pillow. 
 Did it work? Yes! 
Was I going to do that again? Not on your life.
{I do love trying new things though!}
So back to the coconut oil.
It actually gives you directions on the container for how to use it on your skin and hair but I didn't have 2 hrs to spare so I just did my own thang....oh yeah, it makes your skin SUPER soft too. Hmm....maybe moisturizing IS a good thing. :)
Here is how I use it:
It will be solid at room temperature. About 30 minutes before your shower, brush through your hair and then take a small chunk of the coconut oil and melt it in your hands. It only takes a few seconds, then run your fingers through the ends of your hair. Repeat until you have covered all the ends of your hair (like 1-2 minutes), then go back and put some through the rest of your hair but not on your roots or scalp. If you have problem areas of hair that like to curl or wave then make sure you get some on that area too. Leave it in while you get your shower ready, shave your legs, wax your stache, whiten your teeth, pluck your face,... whatever other things you could do for 20-30 minutes. Then go ahead and shower like normal accept I shampoo twice. Once with my cleansing shampoo and then with my nice straightening sleek shampoo (no I don't use these all the time together....you should switch up your shampoos about every 2 weeks so that you don't get build up on your hair from a particular product), then finish as normal. When you get out of the shower, towel dry your hair and then run through your hair with a pick....you should already notice the difference. Put on a generous amount of a smoothing serum (but not too much.... you will have to play with the amounts since everyone's hair is different). My hair is about armpit length so I use about 5 "pumps" of my serum. I didn't used to use enough and never noticed any benefit, but when I started using more it started helping.... my hair is thick and getting longer so I need more I guess. Evenly coat hair but not roots. Comb through. You can put in any root lifters or whatever else you like to use as well.
 
Other tips to getting straight hair from experience and my hairdresser: 
Blow dry your hair with a nozzle so the hair is blowing in just one direction. Pull the hair as tight as you can when you are drying it. I honestly don't really have to use these tips when I use the coconut oil because it gets so sleek on its own. Even the weird spot of wavy hair at the back of my head goes straight when I use the coconut oil.
The shampoo and conditioner I use is John Freida for Brunettes. This one by far is the best for smoothing my hair straight and soft.
 
Sweet huh!? That wasn't hard at all.
And you don't even have to do this every time you shower! This is just a weekly or every other week treatment (just depends on your hair, how damaged it is and how often you use heating tools). I use heat on my hair most days in some form and this really helps make my hair feel healthy and restore moisture to it.
Highly Recommended.
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Rand said...

I can hardly wait to try this on my own hair. That's a joke if you don't know me very well. Seriously I would use it if I ever let my hair grow longer than 1/2 inch :-)

Mamman said...

Sounds like a good idea... I'll let you know how it goes.