Monday, August 18, 2008 | By: Sara

I Am Ready To Get Slapped

For those of you who don't know, I am on rotation at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center (UVRMC) in the NICU. I am really liking it and learning a ton. It takes me an hour to get there and I quite enjoy the drive actually (not considering the gas money to get there and back!). It gives me time to just think, which I haven't had for a while. Life gets so busy and crazy that we rarely get a chance to just sit and think. I found out that I quite like thinking and I look forward to the drive most of the time.
I also get to listen to books on CD. I have gotten a lot "read" since I started this rotation. If you have any good books on CD that you would like to let me borrow or have any good recommendations.... let me know! I listened to the Fall 2007 General Conference and am listening to Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis right now.
This rotation ends on September 5th then I start my next management rotation at American Fork Hospital the following Monday. It is always nice to change paces and do something different, so I am excited for that one.
Anyway, I am really enjoying life right now despite being the busiest I have ever been, because I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel now. I can smell the fresh air. I have a wonderful life and see nothing to be sad or regretful about. I am extremely lucky to have you guys as friends and family and to have the wonderful support that you are so willing to share with me.
Time is passing so quickly it is a little scary to realize I will soon have large responsibilities that most of you already have. I think I am ready for the challenge though (hopefully I am-I've been preparing for 24 years!). Thank you all for being you. ~S : )

3 comments:

Megan said...

Sara! I feel the same way! How's UVRMC treating you? It was way hard for me, but I was in the ICU, not the NICU, and I am a little jealous. I recommend Dave Ramsey's books on tape about finances. They are really inspiring and make you think. I also recommend "The Peacegiver" which is very inspiring, too. Last of all, Harry Potter on tape is awesome: the reader is so entertaining and keeps you enthralled. Keep in touch! See you on Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

Breaking Dawn!!!!!

Sara said...

Yup, I have listend to Dave Ramsey. I like his concepts. I am actually listening to The Peacegiver right now. Good suggestions! ;P
HP is a good idea.

Is Breaking Dawn on CD?