Tuesday, August 26, 2008 | By: Sara

Just A Reminder!


The Wasatch and District Pipe Band is having their annual concert on August 28th (Thursday) at 7:30 pm. We usually have it in the spring but since we moved up a grade (yay!) we had to change most of our music and there was a plethera of stuff to learn for the new season... I'll tell you what!
Anyway, we truely appreciate everyone who supports us by coming to the concerts and donating time or money to the band so that we may continue to compete, educate and have fun with our instruments. I would love to see you come out.
It is in a beautiful spot this year... Edward Kenley Amphitheater in Layton (address above). It is outdoors so dress appropriately. There is space to sit in chairs or you can lay down a blanket on the open grassy hill behind. We opened for Leahy last year at this same place and it is gorgeous! Come and see it!
If you have any questions or would like to purchase tickets or donate to the band, please feel free to contact me or Megan McDonald at 856-2332. Thanks so much! Hope to see you there!

5 comments:

*Brandi said...

I will definitely be there. I will not be wearing my birthday suit. I hope that you don't mind that I copied your idea for a blog post. I wanted to advertise the concert too. I love it when people I know come. :)

Sara said...

Sure...no problem. And thank you for not coming in your birthday suit!...on the other hand...we may get a great turnout. ;D ~S

J and L said...

Wait, I'm confused... Isn't Pleasanton that weekend?
:( Dang, another thing I'm missing... Hope all goes well!

Sara said...

Yup...The concert is the Thursday before most of the band leaves for Pleasanton. Some are leaving right after the concert!

Camille said...

I'm so sad we weren't able to make it! I was planning on it. But of course we've been sick since Sunday, but I thought we were over it. Nope...the girls both melted down last night and by the time I felt we could do anything it was already bed time. I'm sure it was wonderful and one of these days I AM going to make it to a concert.