Monday, June 30, 2008 | By: Sara

Wow!!...Not Recommended!!

Hey everyone!
So, I did a century on Saturday (100 mile bike ride) for MS without a single day of training...last time I was on my bike was pretty much September last year. Wow!...Not recommended without training! I don't know what gave me the inclination that I should do it. However, I am glad I did it now that it's over. I can put that on my list of things I did in life (and I have a patch to prove it!). That said...I will probably never do a century again.
Actually riding isn't what makes me not want to do it again...but the aftermath. I am sunburned (SPF 4 didn't quite cut it!), my butt hurts, my hands are numb (this is what I don't like the most), I am dehydrated and generally sorer and weaker than when I started.
Enough whining...it was actually a really beautiful ride. I wish I could have taken some pictures. I have never seen such vivid green plants before. There were so many different types of birds that I could see and hear.
I also saw many different kinds of roadkill...some recognizable...some not.
I had a great time but I am glad it's over.
I will post some pictures from the ride when they are posted by the photographers.
Thanks again everyone for allowing me to have this great experience!

4 comments:

B-Horn said...

You did it, great job!

Sara said...

Thanks. I did do it! Sheesh!

Alison said...

Wow I am impressed. I watch those people biking and I think how hard that has to be. Good Job!

Camille said...

See, I look at those people biking and think, "How hard can that be?" But then Emily told me she rode her bike about half a block before almost collapsing...and I can't do much on my stationary bike, so I have taken that thought back. Way to go!