Wednesday, August 15, 2007 | By: Sara

Doh-nuts!

Hey everyone!
Most current post:
The polls have spoken....it is split right down the middle. Half of you don't like anything in your fried dough...the other half of you make me sick...if I knew how to write out a vomit sound...I would do that right now...
Previous Post:
Look to the right....do you see the poll? I am curious to see how many people really like jelly or cream in their doughnuts. I'll give you some background....

At work a while ago, I started a pharmacy tradition called "Noveltuesday". This stemmed from my constant desire to curl up in front of a fire with a big blanket, watch a movie and eat novelty ice cream. So every Tuesday, the crew who was working would switch off bringing a novelty ice cream to share with everyone. Why Tuesday you ask?..Because it was the same people scheduled to work every tuesday. Soon enough everyone was asking to work on tuesdays and everyone knew about Noveltuesday. It became a pharmacy wide celebration and gave us all something to look forward to. Some people just brought novelty ice cream to share even when they weren't scheduled to bring it!
And so it began..."Noveltuesday" spread into "Wheatie Wednesday" in the summer, where we would bring a sugar overdosed childhood cereal that we would never actually buy for ourselves. This was also an excellent success and today was actually the last official "Wheatie Wednesday". I'll post a picture asap. Can I get a Woot Woot Wheatie Wednesday?!.....(woot woot).
So now that school is starting again, our schedules have changed and now most of the original crew works on friday. The first official "Fritter Friday" will commence next friday. "What will you be eating on Fritter Friday," you ask?
DOUGHNUTS!...Of Course!
So...we were discussing the rules of this event and I made a comment that we should probably avoid jellies and creams inside the doughnuts. I got strange looks from all the guys in the room and one said "That's like getting a hamburger without the burger....what's the point?!"

So....I want to hear your opinion! Jellies/Creams....Yay or Nay?
...And is this jelly phenomenon gender specific?
~Sara

P.S. Poll ends Friday August 24th at 9:00 pm...So vote today!


3 comments:

B-Horn said...

If you have ice-cream on Tuesdays, high fructose Cereal on Wednesdays, then Doughnuts on Friday, then it would be appropriate to have Statin-Saturdays to balance it all off.

marla said...

I vote for doughnuts w/out the filling.

Anonymous said...

"Statin-Saturday"...hmmm...that's kind of catchy. I like it...we'll have to initiate that next semester along with the new and upcoming "Sundae Sunday".
You're a genius...you just validated your existence.