Saturday, August 11, 2007 | By: Sara

C..eh..N..eh..D..eh...

I recently traveled to Ontario, Canada for the Scottish Pipe Band National Championship in Maxville with my band, the Wasatch and District Pipe Band. I was pretty ill for the first part of the trip so I missed some of the touring the band did in Quebec and Old Montreal. We were there for a week though so I did get to seem some fun stuff.
On Wednesday (Aug 1st) we performed in Quebec near the Chateau. This was such a cute, cozy little area. I wish I could have toured around more. A member of our band spoke fluent french so he was able to introduce us to the audience. I was pretty proud of myself that day because I ordered breakfast at McDonalds en francais.
Saturday (Aug 4th) we competed in Maxville and took fourth place. We were not expecting to place so well as we were competing against some excellent canadian bands, so we were extremely excited about this. We got to see some amazing grade 1 bands there...too bad our drum sargeant filmed over us competing to film them. :)
On Sunday, we competed in Montreal and ended up taking 1st place! We definately didn't expect that! We are all pretty stoked right now. We will be competing in Pleasanton, California over Labor day and hope we can do as well.
I did learn some new things about Canada...they have corn fields. Lots and lots of corn fields...And their drinks taste better than ours! Their 7-UP is actually good. Their salt and vinegar chips pretty much burned my mouth off too!
I also learned about the wild-life in Canada...apparently the Yak is NOT a mystical creature similar to the yetti and it does in fact exist...I was apparently mistaken. It is also not the size of a mammoth. We will speak no further on this.
Anyway...I had a most excellent time in Canada and hope to go back again real soon! ~Sara

1 comments:

B-Horn said...

Or the Yak could be used in a different sense as in after eating those Salt and Vinegar chips... I should have warned you!

Frenchie.