Wednesday, November 10, 2010 | By: Unknown

CupCakes Anyone?!

Nicholas had a MEGAMIND Birthday Party last week! His party was hosted inside the Jordan Commons IMAX Theater. We had some chaotic fun and good treats and then everyone headed into the theater to see Megamind 3D. (Megamind is a new animated film that I definitely recommend to all kids and adults! 4 stars! I loved it. )

Besides having some great entertainment, we had some good eats! I made the cupcakes for Nicholas' birthday (as is tradition now) and had a ton of fun doing it. The party theme was obviously Megamind, who is a blue space villian, so the color blue and stars was a major theme!
I was a baking fool (I baked 100 cupcakes!). I'm not sure how many actually ended up at the party because Ben had to keep taste testing them for me. He's so sweet like that.....actually I really did make him taste test these because they were from scratch and I ended up having to change quite a few of the original recipes. See below what ya missed out on!
Cupcakes for Nicholas' Birthday Party!


Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Buttercream Icing

Pumpkin Spice Cake with Honey Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing
  
Blue Velvet Cake with Sweet Cream Cheese Icing
 I may just start sending out a mass text message to come get some cupcakes because I only eat like 2 total out of a whole batch.....and 1 batch makes a lot of cupcakes! I just love to bake but I can't eat that many! (Thank Goodness!)

1 comments:

*Brandi said...

Why is it that you can eat endless Swedish Fish, but not endless cupcakes? That is the question. And they look delicious, by the way! Can you mail one to me? ;)