Sunday, May 11, 2008 | By: Sara

Cooking Shower for Charlotte

Yesterday, I co-threw a bridal shower for Dane's (my brother's) fiance, Charlotte. It was a cooking themed shower and was a ton of fun. We had everyone bring their favorite recipe to give to Charlotte and a cooking themed gift. We had a Sushi Rolling demonstration by my uncle Ron, sushi chef extraordinaire! We got to taste different types of sushi and sashimi. It was so delicious! I got stuffed on sushi! We also had a hands on spring rolling station where they could stuff and roll their own spring rolls! For the main course we had a build your own asian chicken salad where we provided the goods such as lettuce, chicken, water chestnuts, snap peas, chow mein noodles, bamboo shoots and more with a choice of different asian sesame dressings. For the party favors I dipped fortune cookies in vanilla and chocolate and put them in "To Go" chinese food boxes. My friend, Sonia, and I also made a bookmark for them to use in a cookbook. It turned out really cute. I had Sonia draw and emboss the name of each guest in chinese characters on the bookmark and then she wrote their English name on chopsticks. I have a picture below as an example. It was way cool. I had fun making them. The party turned out great!




0 comments: