Sunday, December 16, 2007 | By: Sara

Christmas Curiosity


Here is a fun little Christmas questionaire...now that I am out of school I have time to do fun things like this every once in a while. Enjoy.
1.) Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?

Definitely Hot Chocolate! It's a texture issue.

2.) Does Santa wrap the presents or just sit them under the tree?

Santa always wraps presents for under the tree. Sometimes we even find gifts from elves, the reindeer and santa's little helper!

3.) Colored or white lights?

Both! I like colored for the christmas tree and white for icicle lights outside...but I also like colored for the trees outside.

4.) Do you hang mistletoe?

I don't...but maybe I should.

5.) When do you put your decorations up?

Between school, work and being an enthusiast for procrastination....sometimes Christmas Eve. (No they are not up yet)

6.) What is your favorite Holiday dish?

My grandma's crepes. see below for more details.

7.) Favorite Holiday memory as a child?

My brother and I were very spoiled at christmas so the best memory was walking into a room absolutely chalked full of presents! One year there were so many that I fell asleep before I opened them all. That's what christmas was all about as a child! Ahhh...The good old days...

8.) When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?

I don't remember ever believing in Santa so I don't remember being told the truth...I do vaguely remember my brother telling me everything I was getting one year...hmmmm...maybe that had to do with it.

9.) Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

Yup. We always got to open a "faery gift" on Christmas eve. It usually consisted of something cozy that we could use at bedtime such as PJs, a blanket or a stuffed animal. Sometimes mom would get too excited to wait for christmas morning so she would have us open a couple gifts.

10.) How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?

Ben likes to get fresh trees but I don't mind either way. I use colored lights and use all my old childhood ornaments. Every year (since I can remember) we have picked a new special ornament for the tree so I use all of those. Plus ornaments that other's have gotten us.

11.) Snow: Love it or hate it?

Love it...but hate the cold since I am so cold intolerant. I would love warm snow...that would totally revolutionize the snow angel!

12.) Can you ice skate?

Didn't you know...I taught Chazz Michael Michaels everything he knows!

13.) What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?

The feeling of christmas. That feeling can only come when you are surrounded by family...preferrably in front of a roaring fire with some hot cocoa watching Muppet's Christmas Carol. :)

14.) What is your favorite holiday dessert?

I am not really a desert person but my favorite holiday desert is probably english toffee (since that is the only thing around).

15.) What is your favorite holiday tradition?

My favorite holiday tradition is going to my grandma's house on christmas morning and having a Crepe Feast. Mmmmm...we have Crepes, sausage, bacon, hot chocolate...mmm...

Another tradition I don't go without is putting up christmas decorations and wrapping gifs while watching Muppet's Christmas Carol...my favorite holiday movie. We also watch One Magic Christmas and try to catch "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" on TV.
Yet another Christmas tradition is making English Toffee. I am trying to perfect my recipe to make it taste just like my great grandma's.

16.) Which do you like best: giving or receiving?

I love giving and finding that special gift that you know they will love. I just wish I had more cash to get people the things I would like to.

17.) What is your favorite Christmas Song?

I like a lot of christmas tunes...Oh Holy Night by Josh Groban is one of my favorites.

18.) Do you like candy canes?

As long as they are fruity and fresh. I just ate a candy cane that I am pretty sure was at least 4 years old that I had used to decorate our christmas tree. It tasted weird.

19.) Favorite holiday movie?

Muppets Christmas Carol
Merry Christmas Everyone!
Enjoy the season and don't worry about the little things that don't really matter.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Sara, I Love You! I remember the good ole days too! Every Christmas!

I also love roaring fires, wrapping presents, hot coaco, and yes, Muppet Christmas Carol! I have wonderful memories of Christmas... Christmas Eve, preparing Christmas wonderment for my family, everything just right... my kids waking up Christmas morn with excited expressions of joy on their angelic faces... going to Grandma's for "Christmas Brunch", crepes, all the fixings, and Family!

We actually went to the beach one Christmas in California, to play with the remote control 4x4s from Santa!

The Christmas season is always filled with love, happiness and joy!

Love you Both,
Merry Christmas ~ Mom
*
^
^
^
|